Date: September 10th, 2013
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
Dr. Robyn Tamblyn – a Professor in the Dept. of Medicine and the Dept. of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at McGill University.
Purpose of the Call:
- Discuss the challenges in improving medication reconciliation
- Describe what has been learned from IT
- Describe the assets to enable more efficient IT in medication reconciliation in Canada
Identifying challenges in medication reconciliation and assets to enable more efficient medication reconciliation in Canada is a priority. We will discuss what has been learned from IT-enabled medication reconciliation and the potential of new computer applications. The time and resources required to obtain the community drug profile far outstrip the capacity to deliver this essential service for most patients. Can the reconciliation of community and hospital drugs at discharge, facilitated by electronic retrieval of community drug lists, and optimizing information exchange on medication use between hospitals and community partners (physicians and pharmacists) reduce the risk of ADEs and hospital re-admissions in the 30 days post-discharge?
Please dial in and/or log on 20 minutes prior to call start time. Wherever possible, please join with others in your region/team to participate in this call. Please Note: Pre-Registration is not required for this event.
1. WebEx link: Click on link below to join the call. https://cpsi-icsp.webex.com/cpsi-icsp/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=964187049
2. After you have logged onto the computer,
- Call Toll-Free Dial In: 1-877-668-4490
- Enter Event Number: 964 187 049
- Enter YOUR attendee number which will pop up on your screen once you select the “I will call in” option (Also under the Info tab)
Link to test if your computer is ready to join in a webinar: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/